I Will Lift My Eyes To The Lord
Through the grace of our Father, we are beginning to see some review in the strict regulations of COVID-19 shutdown. Partial freedom is given; some categories of workers are allowed to resume work in their offices. Although it is still required to observe social distancing, washing of hands, wearing face mask and others.
With these relaxations come new levels of anxieties and fears:
- The fear of possible retrenchment. "Will I be laid off?"
- The fear of paying the next house rent and other bills.
- The impact of COVID-19 on economy and business. "I have used all available resources on feeding during the shutdown. Where will I start?"
- Reading and meditating on Psalm 121 helps to refocus our attention. Of course, not on man but God. The Psalm was originally written by a traveler who was worried about safety and protection. He raised the question "Where will my help come from? He answered it correctly. "My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Take a minute to consider the greatness of this God. By His spoken word, "Let there be", great light (sun, moon and with 100 billion stars that make the Milky Galaxies) came to be. Vast ocean and big animals were created. All by this Almighty God.
What you are thinking are real. They are worrisome. But change your focus. Your help for the precarious time will come from ABOVE. Listen to these testimonies:
- David: "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsakenor their children begging for bread" (Psalm 37:25).
- Paul: "My God will supply shall every need of yours according to His riches in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19).
- Jesus: "Therefore, do not be anxious, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?". . .. your heavenly Father knows you need them all" Matthew 6:31-32).
Therefore, readjust your lens. Stop focusing on your situations. Start focusing on the right Person, God, the creator of heaven and earth. Your help will come from Him.